Today we're excited to share a preview recipe from our December box!
Each Strength in Food delivery offers a selection of curated recipes, meal plans, and helpful one-sheets designed to make your AIP experience easier.
Along with new AIP snacks, ingredients, and goodies to try, December's delivery includes instructions for a full French-inspired festive meal from Sophie Van Tiggelen of A Squirrel in the Kitchen.
To celebrate the season, you can get $20 off your first order when you sign up here and use code "SQUIRREL20."
About A Squirrel in the Kitchen
Sophie is a passionate foodie, recipe developer, author, and photographer. Diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis in 2009, she used the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) to reverse her condition, and today, Sophie lives a full and vibrant life free from the anxiety and flare-ups that often accompany autoimmune disease.
Your December Strength in Food Delivery will include Sophie's recipes for a 5-course French-inspired holiday menu! It's the perfect way to celebrate the season and all the wonderful flavors of the AIP.With her food and lifestyle blog, A Squirrel in the Kitchen, Sophie shares her AIP experience and empowers others to develop new habits to promote good health and wellness. Through years of experience, she has developed simple strategies to be successful on AIP, including numerous mouth-watering, allergen-free recipes that everyone (even those without autoimmune disease) can enjoy. Sophie is on a mission to make the Autoimmune Protocol —and all that it encompasses—more accessible and sustainable for everyone looking for a more nutritious, more delicious, more health-conscious life.
Get Sophie's exclusive recipes for Lamb Roast with Golden Beets & Shallots, No-Nightshade Ratatouille, Festive Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette, Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread, and Tatin-Style Apple & Lavender Upside-Down Cake when you subscribe now.
Use code "SQUIRREL20" for $20 off your first box!
Plus, like every SIF delivery, you'll get a two-week meal plan and shopping list, too.
Of the menu, Sophie says "Nothing makes me happier than bringing friends and family together to enjoy good food and celebrate the season. Social connections are such an essential part of my healing journey! This year, I am turning to my childhood for inspiration to prepare a French-inspired holiday meal, AIP-friendly of course, that will surprise and delight everyone around the table!"
Here, we're previewing her delicious Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread.
Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia Bread from A Squirrel in the Kitchen
Prep time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 cup hot water, divided
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced dried rosemary + extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme + extra for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup palm shortening, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 1/4 cup of warm water with maple syrup in a small bowl. Add yeast and stir. Wait about 5 minutes for the mixture to start foaming. (If the yeast doesn't foam, throw it away and start over.)
- Meanwhile, combine the cassava flour, coconut flour, rosemary, thyme, and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a spatula and form a well in the middle. Carefully pour remaining 3/4 cup of warm water and palm shortening into the well. Add the yeast mixture and mix well with a spatula until dough is smooth. Knead 8 to 10 times with your hands and form dough into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten with your hands to form a 1-inch-thick loaf. Cover with a light, clean kitchen towel and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 400º F.
- After 30 minutes, uncover dough (don't knead it again!) and score it 3 times at an angle with a serrated knife. Sprinkle with more rosemary and thyme.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until the bread turns golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before eating.
Sign up for the December box here, and don't forget to use code SQUIRREL20 for $20 off your first box!